19 September 2008

Can ye hear me now?

Original text...

Can you hear me now?

A young businessman had just started his own firm. He had just rented a beautiful office and had it furnished with antiques.

He saw a man come into the outer office. Wishing to appear the hot shot, the businessman picked up the phone and started to pretend he had a big deal working. He threw huge figures around and made giant commitments.

Finally he hung up and asked the visitor,
"Can I help you?"
"Yeah, I've come to activate your phone lines."


Translated via http://www.syddware.com/cgi-bin/pirate.pl
A sea dog says 't this way:
Can ye hear me now?
A young businessman had jus' started his own firm. He had jus' rented a beautiful office an' had 't furnished wi' antiques.

He saw a man come into th' outer office. Wishin' t' appear th' hot shot, th' businessman picked up th' phone an' started t' make like he had a big deal workin'. He threw huge figures around an' made giant commitments.

Finally he hung up an' asked th' visitor, "Can I help ye?"
"Aye, I`ve come t' activate yer phone lines."

No comments: